05 agosto 2007

Os melhores insultos em inglês

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Inspirado por esta citação, aqui fica uma selecção de insultos jeitosos.

"He has Van Gogh’s ear for music."
Billy Wilder

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
Winston Churchill

"I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn’t it."
Groucho Marx

"I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
Mark Twain

"I feel so miserable without you, it’s almost like having you here."
Stephen Bishop

"I’ve just learned about his illness. Let’s hope it’s nothing trivial."
Irvin S. Cobb

"My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it."
Voltaire

"His imagination resembles the wings of an ostrich."
Thomas Babington Macaulay

"We have met too late. You are too old for me to have any effect on you."
James Joyce

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
Oscar Wilde

1 comentário: